Easy Peasy Toddler Art for Father’s Day

Father’s day is coming up OMG! it's in 3 days! And I’ve been searching through Pinterest for an easy toddler craft. I want our gift for Tatay to be truly made by Teo. With a little help from me, of course.


I decided to do a resist painting with Teo. I made homemade finger paint. I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs Tinkerlab. You may use tempera paint too.

I used masking tape to create our message. You may use the big alphabet stickers too. Then, I explained that the poster will be for Tatay because its Father's Day.





 We then made a smaller version for Tatay to take when he goes back to work abroad.


I used masking fluid on this one


And of course watercolors.

I had to immediately take away this one after he filled the entire paper because the watercolor paper would be soaked. I asked permission first of course, and he gladly obliged. 'T' enjoyed the finger paint more than the watercolor because the paper did not soak up the paint. He happily squished and splattered to his heart's content.

So here it is!

 

I know that 'T' would be proud to show it to Tatay because he made it himself.

Happy Father's Day Tatay and to all the fathers, dads, and papas out there!