Our Adoption Story: All Part of God's Plan



Missed the first part of our adoption story? Read it here!




So we decided to go home 'for good' on February 2016. Just enough time to save up and prepare. But on the last week of April 2015, Noli received notice that he might be demobilized in June. Meaning his contract ends because the project ends. We were a little bit worried. We will not be able to save enough for our move back to the Philippines. There are adoption expenses as well. Aside from these worries, we just began the Couples for Christ (CFC) Christian Life Program. Because Noli was the Team Head, we asked ourselves; Why would God call us to serve in the CLP then? 



Because Noli would not be demobilized in June (whew!) but in September. And we were grateful to be able to finish the CLP. Serving the Lord through this CLP has brought us a lot of joy, and I must admit, allowed us to grow closer to each other as husband and wife but most especially, closer to God. 

Once, during my personal prayer time, while I was reflecting on the events that had happened since January and all the plans that have been 'planned' since then; I realized that it has always been the Lord who made all these things possible. I smiled when I heard him speak to me and say 'You're doing great!' Because if all these things happened say, two years ago, I know I would be freaking out. 

Right after the CLP we now focused on our 'big move'. With less than three months to go, I made a list of all the furniture that would be shipped to the Philippines. I could not let them go, most of them were from IKEA. Call us crazy but that was also the time when the Bureau of Customs in the Philippines was in question for allegedly opening 'balikbakyan' boxes. I prayed over 12 boxes and 11 knocked-down furniture in bubble wrap before they were picked up and put my trust in God. We sold what was left and gave away what was left of that.



While we transitioned and handed over our responsibilities, the entire CFC community were one with us in prayer. We prayed for the child the Lord will give us and all the people who will be (and are involved) in this adoption process as well. We asked God to protect and take care of this child, to keep him away from abuse and trauma, for all his caregivers and social workers to give him love and affection, and that he is well taken care of. In my heart I asked God to provide this child breast milk, a cozy crib, and lots of cuddles. I also asked for the grace to be able to love this child unconditionally.

During our last month in Doha, we had just a mattress, a folding dining table with two folding chairs, the washing machine and the refrigerator, all of which will be picked up the day I leave. We relied on the farewell dinners given to us by our brothers and sisters in the community. Some days we had take-out. With no more TV on our last week in the flat, Noli and I had long heart to heart talks. 

During one of our heart to heart talks (we call it one on one in CFC), we both agreed to name our sons after the four evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Matteo, Marco, Lucas and Juan. I've always wanted four boys, but we both agreed that four is too much. But who knows? maybe God thinks it isn't. So I wrote all four names each on a Post It to find a good match. We came up with MATTEO LUCAS. We prayed about it and decided. This is his name, which meant God's gift and light giving.

We believe that all that had happened until this point is all part of God's plan. We may not know for sure if our application for adoption would be accepted but we chose to go back home to the Philippines anyway believing with all our hearts that we are doing God's will.

Find out what happens when we finally apply for adoption at DSWD and all the little miracles that had happened after. Read more of our adoption story in my next post! Like us on Facebook or you can follow me by email or on Google+