7 Day July Challenge: Day 3

Today's challenge from Hands On As We Grow is:

Set out paper of different colors. Write the name of the color at the top. Tear up scraps of the paper in the same color hues. Then glue scraps onto corresponding papers.
Here's what we did: 

I used a brown paper bag for the paper to stick onto. Our tot uses them for scribbling too. 



I intentionally made small squares so we could at least make two colors in one sitting. Then, I wrote the color names on each paper and set up the work area.


And we all set out for our morning walk.

We went straight to work when we got back.

We played a little game of 'Give Me The Color ___' using the colored markers first. 

We worked on red. And again, my little one insisted on putting the glue himself. It took him a lot more time with the glue than with the paper!



And then blue. While sticking the blue paper, our tot suddenly blurted out "blue!" 
"Yes! blue!" I replied. This was his first color word! What a blessing. He kept on repeating "blue" until he finished sticking.

We laughed and he shook his hands frantically when paper got stuck on his fingers. And we laughed some more.



 After doing blue, he asked for milk. Ha! So we're doing the rest of the colors some other time. Maybe, just maybe, I'll let him do this activity while I cook. If he can finish one color in ten minutes, I need 6 more colors then. 

Why not try this activity with your tot too? 

Does your little one love using glue like mine?