St. Pio of Pietrelcina: Simple Ways To Celebrate His Feast Day


Here are some simple ways a family can celebrate the feast of St. Pio of Pietrelcina. 

Read- a- loud life story of St. Pio

Young and old children alike will love a family read a loud of the life of this saint. So get cozy on the sofa or bed, pick up a Stories of the Saints book and read.

Here are some books you might want to check out:


Stories of the Saints by Margaret Mcallister





















Here is a read- a loud video from the book Stories of the Saints


Food

Since St. Pio is from Italy,  We will just have the family favorite - Spaghetti with lots of parmesan cheese. The original recipe is from my Mama with a little tweak. Its an all beef and tomato sauce with lots of dried oregano and garlic. I put in maybe half a head of garlic to 1/2 kilo of ground beef.

We will also make my good friend's cappuccino recipe, because the capuchin order always reminds me of a hot mug of cappuccino. Well, cappuccino for the husband and myself and hot cocoa for our son. 
Nanay Pia's cappuccino recipe is thinner than latte which means lesser milk and more water added to one or two shots of espresso. And of course, the cinnamon. Add more to your liking. I will be using stevia sweetener for this recipe.

Arts and Crafts

We will be making a mini book this year with quotes from St. Pio so we can pray. I made a PDF file template to printout and assemble. You can download the PDF file for FREE here.



We will be writing our favorite quotes from St. Pio in the mini book and will use it as we pray our Morning prayers before a homeschool lesson.

Coloring Page for the little ones

For the little ones, they can color Saint Pio while the older ones work on their Saint Pio’s quotes mini book. They can call her while the rest of the family talks about the life of Saint Pio.

The PDF file of the coloring page can be downloaded here.





I do hope these ideas will help you to celebrate St. Pio's feast on September 23. 


Share the love!
Don't forget to tag @everythingisgodsgift or @teacherweena on your photos of your crafts and on FB and @everythngsgrace and @teacherweena on Instagram.
You may also send me photos on my inbox and I will feature them on my wall.

God bless you!

Weena